Ask a Librarian

Answered By: Susan Cassidy
Last Updated: Jun 29, 2016     Views: 164

Thanks for asking!

The key to finding articles on this topic is to use the correct search terms. In addition to "remedial instruction," another helpful term is "basic skills." That is the term that colleges use to describe classes that are not Transfer Level courses.

There are several journal articles in the MJC Library Databases on this topic. To find them, go to the library's web site, and click on Find Articles. From there, choose Gale Databases. If you are off campus, you will need to enter your W number without the W and your 6-digit birthdate to access this database. Once you are in, I recommend that you use the search terms "basic skills community college," or "remedial instruction community college" to find articles on this topic. Be sure to look at the results in both the Magazines and the Academic Journal categories (under Your Results in the left hand column).

Susan Cassidy

Adjunct Librarian

Other Ways To Get Help

Libguides iconResearch guides created by librarians help you jump start your research.

 Text: (209) 710-5270
email icon Email:


YouTube videos


How-To Videos